ARE YOU OVERLOOKING the forgotten nutrient that is key to your good health as well as your weight loss goals? The adult human body is about two-thirds water, and this fact alone suggests that this fluid has an important part to play in health and well-being. Actually, all of our biochemical, physiological and neurological processes depend, to some degree, on water.
Water makes up the bulk of our blood volume. If we do not keep ourselves properly hydrated, this may be reflected in a slightly reduced blood volume and blood pressure. The end result here is that our circulation will fail to deliver oxygen and nutrients to all our tissues and organs with optimal efficiency.
Circulation is key to ensuring proper detoxification of the body and elimination of waste through the kidneys. Even relatively mild dehydration might therefore increase the risk of toxic build-up in the body, which is likely to have a negative impact on our health and well being. Water is also important for nerve-transmission in the body. Running low on fluid can therefore have consequences for brain function. Water basically helps all body and brain processes run that much more smoothly. No wonder, then, that while the human body can usually go a few weeks or even months without food, it can only manage a few days without water!
Top 10 Benefits of Drinking Water: Don’t Medicate, Hydrate!
1. Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue – Since your brain is mostly water, drinking it helps you think, focus and concentrate better and be more alert. As an added bonus, your energy levels are also boosted!
2. Promotes Weight Loss – Removes by-products of fat, reduces eating intake (by filling up your tummy if consumed prior to meals), reduces hunger (hello natural appetite suppressant!), raises your metabolism and has zero calories!
3. Flushes Out Toxins – Gets rid of waste through sweat and urination which reduces the risk of kidney stones and UTI’s (urinary tract infections).
4. Improves Skin Complexion – Moisturizes your skin, keeps it fresh, soft, glowing and smooth. Gets rid of wrinkles. It’s the best anti-aging treatment around!
5. Maintains Regularity – Aids in digestion as water is essential to digest your food and prevents constipation.
6. Boosts Immune System – A water guzzler is less likely to get sick. And who wouldn’t rather feel healthy the majority of the time? Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu, cancer and other ailments like heart attacks.
7. Natural Headache Remedy – Helps relieve and prevent headaches (migraines & back pains too!) which are commonly caused by dehydration.
8. Prevents Cramps & Sprains – Proper hydration helps keep joints lubricated and muscles more elastic so joint pain is less likely.
9. Puts You in a Good Mood – When the body is functioning at its best, you will feel great and be happy!
10. Save Money! – Water is FREE! Even if you choose bottled/filtered water, it’s STILL cheaper than that high sugar and fat-filled latte!