That’s right, I said FLOAT. Have you ever heard of a Sensory Deprivation Tank? Well, for the first time in my life, I floated yesterday, and I have to say it was one of the most surreal experience I’ve ever had, I couldn’t wait to tell everyone I knew about my experience, and how EVERYONE can benefit greatly from floating.
When you step inside a float tank, a precise solution of water and over 800+ lbs of Epsom salts, calibrated to the body’s temperature, 98 degrees Fahrenheit, awaits. This carefully controlled environment inside the tank (quite similar to the famed waters of the Dead Sea, one of the world’s first natural health resorts) creates buoyancy that allows you to float effortlessly on the surface of the water! In this zero gravity environment you are totally free of distractions. Your muscles can relax completely, your mind can become quiet and still, and you can achieve a feeling of weightlessness and utter relaxation that cannot be found elsewhere in the world!
Following is a short list of some of the effects which have been reported by researchers and users:
– Promotes total calm, peaceful relaxation, eliminates fatigue and jet lag; improves sleep; alleviates stress- mental and physical; energises, rejuvenates and revitalizes.
– Stimulates left/right brain synchronisation; shifts brain waves from Beta to lower frequency Alpha, Theta and even Delta.; creates mental clarity, alertness; increases creativity, problem solving; heightens visualisation; deepens meditation; expands awareness, intensifies acuteness of all the senses, accelerates learning.
– Enhances hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis; increases motivation, diminishes depression, anxiety and fear; facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions.
– Improves athletic performance and helps prevent sports injuries and speeds the healing process.
Decreases the production of Cortisol, ACTH, Lactic Acid and Adrenaline; Increases production of endorphins; quickens rehabilitation and recovery; relieves pain- arthritis, migraines, injuries etc.; boosts immune function.
– Improves circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients; reduces blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption.
The “pure” physical relaxation of floatation is now known to trigger the body’s natural powers of healing and regeneration, which can be suppressed by the day-to-day stress of competitive urban life. Float sessions will allow you to leave the tank feeling refreshed, recharged and revitalized, ready to take on the world from an entirely new standpoint! How incredible is that?
LOVE & LIGHT to you my visitor! Happy Floating! hehe.