Think for a moment of a tomato plant. A healthy plant can have more than a hundred tomatoes on it.
In order to get this tomato plant with all these tomatoes on it, we need to start with a small dried seed. That seed doesn’t look like a tomato plant. It sure doesn’t taste like a tomato plant. If you didn’t know for sure, you would not even believe it could be a tomato plant. However, let’s say you plant this seed in fertile soil, and you water it and let the sun shine on it.
When the first little tiny shoot comes up, you don’t stomp on it and say, “That’s not a tomato plant.” Rather, you look at it and say, “Oh boy! Here it comes,” and you watch it grow with delight. In time, if you continue to water it and give it lots of sunshine and pull away any weeds, you might have a tomato plant with more than a hundred luscious tomatoes.
It all begins with that one tiny seed.
It is the same with creating a new experience for yourself. The soil you plant in is your subconscious mind. The seed is the new affirmation. The whole new experience is in this tiny seed. You water it with affirmations. You let the sunshine of positive thoughts beam on it. You weed the garden by pulling out the negative thoughts that come up. And when you first see the tiniest little evidence, you don’t stomp on it and say, “That’s not enough!” Instead, you look at this first breakthrough and exclaim with glee, “Oh boy! Here it comes! It’s working!”
Then you watch it grow and see how your thoughts create your desire.
Let’s affirm: Spiritual growth often comes in ways I do not expect, so I regularly sweep out negative thoughts to clear the way for the new.
Dr. Wayne Dyer’s Excuses Begone –
List of 18 Affirmations to Water Your Seeds of Change:
(Excuse listed first – then the positive affirmation)
1. It will be difficult – I have the ability to accomplish any task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.
2. It’s going to be risky – Being myself involves no risks. It is my ultimate truth, and I live it fearlessly.
3. It will take a long time – I have infinite patience when it comes to fulfilling my destiny.
4. There will be family drama – I would rather be loathed for who I am than loved for who I am not.
5. I don’t deserve it – I am a Divine creation, a piece of God. Therefore, I cannot be undeserving.
6. It’s not my nature – My essential nature is perfect and faultless. It is to this nature that I return.
7. I can’t afford it – I am connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
8. No one will help me – The right circumstances and the right people are already here and will show up on time.
9. It has never happened before – I am willing to attract all that I desire, beginning here and now.
10. I’m not strong enough – I have access to unlimited assistance. My strength comes from my connection to my Source of being.
11. I’m not smart enough – I am a creation of the Divine mind; all is perfect, and I am a genius in my own right.
12. I’m too old (or not old enough) – I am an infinite being. The age of my body has no bearing on what I do or who I am.
13. The rules won’t let me – I live my life according to Divine rules.
14. It’s too big – I think only about what I can do now. By thinking small, I accomplish great things.
15. I don’t have the energy – I feel passionately about my life, and this passion fills me with excitement and energy.
16. It’s not my personal family history – I live in the present moment by being grateful for all of my life experiences as a child.
17. I’m too busy – As I unclutter my life, I free myself to answer the callings of my soul.
18. I’m too scared – I can accomplish anything I put my mind to, because I know that I am never alone.